Pages

Friday 11 March 2016

Review: Aveeno Moisturising Cream

Aveeno has been my saviour since I discovered it about three weeks ago, and so I just had to do this as my next product review.

As I suffer with OCD and as a consequence wash my hands over-frequently, my hands can become extremely sore, dry and as a result, the skin breaks a lot. My partner often remarked on how I had the hands of an elderly lady, and so I decided I needed to do something about it. The problem was, the majority of hand creams I had tried hadn't worked out - because my skin was so damaged, when I applied a hand cream, it tended to create a burning sensation that was often so uncomfortable I'd end up washing the cream straight off again.



I went to my local Boots store and spoke to the pharmacist. He took one look at my hands and said 'Aveeno.' I'd heard of the brand before but had never tried any of their products, and whilst I was a bit reluctant in case it burnt my skin, I decided to trust the pharmacist's advice. He told me to use their Moisturising Cream which I picked up for around £5.


Aveeno Cream contains Colloidal Oatmeal, which their website claims to restore the skin's natural barrier. It also says it is :

"Clinically proven to hydrate and soothe dry, sensitive skin leaving it feeling comfortable, soft and smooth from day one." 



Their website also boasts some amazing reviews, with most scoring it 4 or 5 out of 5, so by this point I was feeling more optimistic. 

When I applied it, I noticed it had a nice thick consistency. I don't like anything too thin and watery, so this was a good starting point from me. 


A good selling point for a hand cream for me is also how quickly it sinks into the skin. I don't like anything that leaves my hands feeling oily and unable to do anything for the next quarter of an hour! This sunk in instantly. It did have an unusual smell though - the website states it's fragrance free, which it is, but you can smell the oatmeal in it and it almost smelt a bit like rubbing porridge on your hands! I wasn't too keen on the smell at first but I've kind of grown more used to it now.

As soon as I'd applied this product, my hands felt as though they'd been given a good old dose of TLC - they felt smoother instantly, and my skin felt as though it had more elasticity to it.

I've been using the product every day now (I probably apply about three or four times a day) and my hands have improved so dramatically I can't quite believe it. My nails are stronger, my skin is nourished and I no longer have a tightness in my skin. My hands are soft and supple, rather than rough and cracked, and even my partner has commented on how much better they are!


I highly recommend the Aveeno range for anyone who has problematic skin. It's a fantastic hand cream and I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work just as well on other parts of the body. They have a whole range of different creams, lotions and washes, so there's something to suit everyone and it can even be used by children. 

Have you used Aveeno? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

This post is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Aveeno.



9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have found a product that has had such a big impact - your before and after photos are astounding! We always have some Aveeno at home, my son is something of an avid hand washer and does get dry skin at times so we have this on standby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really works! When it gets really or I react to a washing powder my hands get terribly cracked between the knuckles. I try to moisturize before I go to bed so it has the whole night to soak in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How brilliant that you have finally found a product that works well. Sounds like a fabulous find x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE aveeno here and we use it on the boys eczema. it is amazing stuff. In the US you can get a hand cream too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear by Aveeno - my kids have dry skin and this has worked wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wash my hands too often too and end up with open cracks on my knuckles. I have two tubes of this from blogger goodie bags I must remember to use it more often as it is indeed great x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have literally just emailed this review to my husband, he has got such dry hands, and has tried so many different hand creams to make them less rough. I'm sure he'll be buying it to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Aveeno. I started getting it when my oldest had chicken pox, it's so great for the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Aveeno as I have eczema so it is very welcome here

    ReplyDelete