Pages

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Review: Avon ExtraLasting Lipstick

Finding a lipstick that will actually last can be tricky, especially if you're going out. I've often put on my favourite red lipstick for it to half come off while I'm out for something to eat, and I hate having to constantly reapply. That's why I thought I'd give Avon's ExtraLasting Lipstick a go and see whether it really could stand the test of time.


I decided that with it being Spring, I wanted a more pink shade of lipstick than normal. I always stick to various shades of reds just because that's what I feel most comfortable wearing, but I thought it was worth a change. There are eight shades to choose from and I opted for Forever Pink.

Avon's ExtraLasting Lipstick is meant to last for up to 8 hours thanks to it's Fresh Wear Complex formulation, 'to help color stay true and wear evenly'. It also has the added bonus of an SPF 15 which is always handy especially now we're well on our way to Spring and, fingers crossed, more sunshine. Their website describes the lipstick as being 'luxurious with a silky satin finish'. 

When I saw the lipstick first of all, I thought that the shade was a little different to what I was expecting. The shade I had seen in the brochure made it look more of a nude shade, but this was slightly brighter, almost a bubblegum sort of pink. I thought it may be a little too bright for me at first but I liked the colour when I took a swatch.




The first thing I recognised when I took a swatch was how it really did have a satin-type feel too it. It was lovely to put on and did feel more expensive than it actually was. I liked how it had a slightly balm-like quality to it, and it felt good for my lips. It had a nice shine to it too - not too much that it was overly glossy, but a perfect dewy type glow that is perfect for this time of year.

When I applied the lipstick, I was surprised at how strong the colour actually was. I thought that because it was quite moisturising it wouldn't have a strong pigment to it, but I was wrong. It felt really nice to apply to my lips, and I was really happy with the colour. It's not something I would have normally gone for, but again, I wanted to try something softer due to it being Spring time. I feel as though when I applied it I could actually see it was more of the nude tone like I had originally hoped for it to be, so this made me happy!



But would it stand the test of time?

I'm pleased to report that yes, it did!

I decided to apply it before I had a morning of work to do, and then I took my dogs on a walk by the river. I loved that it moisturised my lips and I could really feel the softness when I was out and about. And even better, when I got home, the lipstick was still there and still just as bright as to when I had applied it a few hours earlier. I also ate a snack and had a drink while I was out, so it survived those tests too.


This is another fabulous product by Avon, and I'm really impressed that this lipstick lasted just like it said it would. I'd definitely consider buying it in more shades now, just so I have more choices for different occasions, as this would be brilliant to wear when you're going out, or just have a long day ahead of you. The satin-feel to it and the moisturising qualities are really positive qualities of this lipstick, and it makes it feel a lot more expensive than the £7.50 that it cost. I highly recommend giving this lipstick a go!

This post is not sponsored or endorsed in any way by Avon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment