Pages

Thursday 10 March 2016

Review: Avon Perfectly Matte Lipstick

My first, review, hurrah! Now to be serious...

I'm a fan of matte lipsticks for starters. I've previously tried a couple of the ones Rimmel do, and whilst I loved the colours, I found that they tended to dry my lips out more. I thought that this would be a similar scenario, but I was soon proved wrong.


The packaging it came in was the standard Avon black casing, however, I noticed they'd gone for a matte finish on the casing this time. This is handy for when you're rummaging around and looking for your particular matte lipstick!

Avon Perfectly Matte Lipsticks come in 15 different shades, which means there's plenty of choice. From some lovely classic nudes to bright pinks and deep reds, there's something to suit every skin tone. I chose Red Supreme as I just love a deep red lipstick.


I must admit, when I open the lid and saw the colour of the lipstick, I thought it looked a lot darker than the swatch in the catalogue (it appeared a lot brighter there). But when I actually tried it on my hand I noticed it was still the shade I first thought it was. I also saw how smooth and easy it was to glide on, a feature I really liked, and it gave the effect of being a more expensive lipstick that it actually is. You could tell instantly it had a matte finish, and there wasn't a hint of sheen. 


When I put the lipstick on, I immediately loved how strong the colour was. The pigment was bright and I loved the shade of red. It went on easily, and I could get a crisp clean line without any trouble. It was lovely to put on.


I also noticed that it somehow made my lips look even more fuller than usual! I'm not sure if it was the vibrant colour just making them really pop, but I liked the effect either way.

In terms of lasting, I found it lasted a good few hours before I needed to reapply more, but I would normally use a lipstick sealer anyway just to make my lipsticks last through all the cups of coffees I drink. I didn't today but would use this in future.

All in all, I'd highly recommend this lipstick. It's currently selling on Avon's website for only £5 so it's a bargain too that you should really try for yourself. I'd even recommend getting a couple of shades at that price and just have a play around with what suits your skin tone the most. I was really happy with this buy and it's definitely a go-to lipstick for me from now on.


Click here to visit Avon's website and buy their Perfectly Matte Lipstick.

Please note this post is not in any way sponsored or endorsed by Avon.

Let me know what you think in the comments below - have you tried any of the collection? 

-x- 




7 comments:

  1. I don't wear make up much but this lipstick does look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really suits you. I can never keep lipstick on for any length of time

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great on you- fab pic! It's also such good value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not tried a really matte lipstick before, but this one really looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why but lipstick never seems to last long on me! I've tried everything x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Avon's eyeliners, I have been using them for ages but I am not much for lipstick so I have never tried any of their ranges.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't use Avon but I do know they do some great products. This colour looks great on you x

    ReplyDelete