Pages

Monday 28 March 2016

Review: St. Ives Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes

Face wipes are always something I've found to be a bit hit and miss. They can be a saviour at times when you just need to quickly remove your make up and get into bed, but sometimes they don't remove all your make up and instead, you end up with a smeary face of mascara and needing to use half the pack of wipes to get it off!

I recently picked up St. Ives Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes whilst they were on offer. I'm a big fan of the St. Ives scrubs so I thought these would be something nice to try. I picked up the dry and sensitive ones as I can suffer with sensitive skin at times.


They claim to: 

"Gently cleanse & soothe in one easy step" and "Removes make-up & waterproof mascara for a smooth skin feeling."

They also contain aloe vera extract and almond oil, are alcohol-free and have no artificial fragrance.

The wipes themselves smell really fresh, and you can smell the aloe vera extract in them. They're also really soft to the touch which I can only assume is partly down to the almond oil they contain. 

I've been using the wipes most days now for the past week but thought I would do my review today when I had a fair bit of make up on. 


I was mostly worried about how my mascara would come off as this is where face wipes can often 'go wrong' and you end up with lovely panda eyes instead. 

The wipes were really soft on my skin and felt moisturising straight away. I really do love the smell of them as it just smells clean rather than any strong fragrances that could effect sensitive skin. Plus the best bit... my make up came off like a dream. Here's me with half of it taken off from the wipes and half of my make up still left on.


What I loved was instead of just pushing the make up around, it actually cleansed my face and removed the make up really easily. The best part? My mascara came straight off! No need for hard scrubbing or tons of wipes to get it off, it just came off straight away. 

Afterwards, my skin did feel softer and cleansed. It felt as though I had actually used a facial wash rather than a wipe which really sold the wipes to me. It removed all traces without any make up left over, yet my skin didn't feel overly damp afterwards (another downside to wipes sometimes!). 

All in all, I really rate these wipes. They feel natural and almost good for your skin, and despite face wipes sometimes being looked down on as not the best way to remove your make up, these strike me as being a really good option. I love how they left my skin feeling genuinely cleansed rather than as though I still had traces of make up, and one of the best parts was how well they removed my waterproof mascara. 

St. Ives Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes are currently on offer for £1.49 at Superdrug, so I would definitely recommend getting a packet and giving them a trial. Nice one, St. Ives, another lovely product from you!

This post is in no way sponsored or endoresed by St. Ives or Superdrug. 



7 comments:

  1. I love make-up remover wipes for when I'm either extremely busy or extremely tired as they are so easy! If I get chance though I do like to do a proper cleanse, tone and moisturise. I'd definitely give these a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of facial wipes, but I think that is as I have super sensitive skin and haven't found the right ones for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using some St Ives facial scrub for a few months now and it does leave you face feeling soft, might have to get some of these though they sound great and do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only tend to use facial wipes when I'm wearing mascara, but it's always lovely to have a recommendation as to what works well. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get some more wipes as I have run out. Will look out for these

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good wipe for when I'm feeling lazy! These look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these for my daughter as she doesn't wear much make-up and I want to make sure it all comes off at night x

    ReplyDelete